Finding the best advice for your business takes time, but the business advisory team at EGF has you covered! Our advisors have scoured the web and assembled a list of go-to resources for financial management. Have additional questions? Contact us to schedule a free one-on-one business consultation today.
A strong business needs a strong team to grow and run smoothly. Human resources (HR) is a critical business component for maintaining the well-being and development of employees. Great HR policies and resources will yield happy employees that give their best to your business.
What is HR?
Your human resources department is crucial for retaining and hiring the best talent for your small business. Before creating an HR plan, check out these resources to help streamline your process.
- HR 101 - SBA
- eGuide to Small Business Hiring - SCORE
- 5 HR Tasks to Help Your Business Thrive – Small Business Pulse
- Hire the Right People for your Company Culture – Entrepreneur
- Recruitment Tips - FitSmallBusiness
- Employment Law Checklist - Bond Street
Hiring the Right Talent
Build a team that makes your business better. Hiring employees can be an intimidating process for any small business owner, but these resources can help you learn how to find the right people for your team.
- Guide to Writing Job Descriptions - FitSmallBusiness
- Interviewing tips to make it personal – Inc.
- Timesaving HR resources for entreprenuers –Entrepreneur
- Webinar on Hiring Right - SCORE
- HR Guides on Workers' Rights - SBA
- New Hire Reporting– SBA
- 5 Reasons to Hire Veterans –Inc.
Providing Employee Benefits
Benefits are a key factor in employee retention. Once you find the right team to work for your small business, you’ll want to ensure they feel valued and have the resources needed to keep them healthy and productive. Learn the key components to a happy workforce with these employee benefit guides.
- 11 Secrets to Happy Employees- Business News Daily
- Employee Motivation Tips - Small Bus Chron
- Employee Benefits Guideline – BB&T
- Insurance Requirements for Employers - SBA
When an employee is hindering the success of your business, it may be time to take action. There is no easy way to let an employee go and it’s crucial to learn the right way to go about firing. These resources can help you understand the basics.
- Employment Agreements - Bond Street
- Do’s and Don’ts of Firing Employees – BFS Capital
- Steps to Take When You Need to Terminate - FitSmallBusiness
About Excelsior Growth Fund
Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF) helps businesses in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania grow by providing streamlined access to business loans and advisory services. EGF’s signature product, the EGF SmartLoan™, provides up to $100,000 in fast, transparent, and affordable financing through a secure online platform. Larger loans up to $500,000 are also available. EGF is a nonprofit organization and is certified by U.S. Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). Learn more atwww.excelsiorgrowthfund.org.